Thank you for your interest in employment at Word of Faith. Below is a list of current employment opportunities. Please send us your resume using the contact information found at the bottom of this page.
Accounting Clerk - Part Time
Skills and Requirements:
- 10 Key Adding Machine
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Bank Teller Experience Preferred
- Position is for 20-24 hours per week
Perform general accounting and financial reporting functions for the purpose of providing relevant and reliable financial information to the users of the financials.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following:
- Assist in coordinating the goals, objectives, and job functions of the Accounting Dept.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable and Social Events Coordinator.
- Reconciles & Reviews domestic and International bank accounts.
- Assists in the employee evaluation process
- Involved with the preparation of financial statements and varied fiscal reports.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned professional and support staff.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Posts data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures.
- Monitors the financial activity on assigned programs and prepares expenditure reports for management as needed.
- Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and makes or directs correcting entries.
- Prepares, maintains control, and is responsible for subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Qualifications for a senior accountant include having an extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures; having strong accounting skills; being able to handle multiple projects in a given time, including during deadline periods; being a self-starter as well as a team player; having excellent verbal and written communication skills; and having knowledge in Microsoft Office and various accounting software.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required for senior accountant. Individual must have at least 3-5 years of Financial Accounting experience; Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; Excellent communication and organization skills.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and to the general public.
Interested parties should forward applications to Human Resources.
Candidate Testing Required
The Legal Department has an immediate opening for a full-time Legal Secretary. This position supports the Chief Corporate Counsel. This position performs organizing and presenting information, keeping information related to cases or transactions in computer databases, drafting correspondences and other documents, interfacing with outside vendors, conducting legal research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles, and other legal functions as determined by the Chief Corporate Counsel.
- Strong administrative skills
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience working as a Legal Secretary/Paralegal
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Westlaw and Lexis & Contract Management databases
Web Developer / Designer - Part Time
Skills and Requirements:
- Mobile Development
- Front End Design
- Web Standards
- HTML Email Design
Please send resumé’s to:
Word of Faith International Christian Center
Attention: Human Resources
20000 W. Nine Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075
Or email resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org